NSSF makes no secret of the fact that the SHOT Show provides 80 percent of our revenue, allowing us to keep membership dues low and to provide the member services, government relations, communications and customer recruitment programs critical to the industry’s growth.
Here are just a few things that the SHOT Show’s revenue is helping to support:
- Research: NSSF offers ground-breaking industry and market research, helping all of its members make informed and data-based decisions.
- First Shots: Thanks to this fast-growing NSSF program, thousands of newcomers have been introduced to the shooting sports in a fun and safe environment at their local ranges.
- Government relations: NSSF represents thousands of industry businesses, making the industry’s collective voice heard all the way from state capitols to Capitol Hill.
- Communications: NSSF is actively engaging hunters and shooters as well as reaching out to the media and our entire industry with key information and updates across multiple platforms.
- Modern sporting rifle campaign: This NSSF campaign continues to erase misconceptions about AR-15-style rifles, commonly labeled “assault weapons” by the anti-gun crowd, by educating the masses about these popular firearms.
- Youth programs: NSSF actively contributes to many programs helping to introduce the next generation of shooters and hunters to our sports in a safe, educational and fun environment.
And that’s just scratching the surface of what NSSF is doing for our industry and our sports on a daily basis.
The most recent illustration of how your participation in the SHOT Show benefits the entire industry is the recently held 2011 Shooting Sports Summit in Louisville, Ky. The Summit brought together more than 175 leaders from throughout the industry and the hunting and shooting sports communities — not to mention 2012 presidential candidate Tim Pawlenty and new-media icon Brian Solis.
All Summit attendees were there with the same goal: to increase participation in hunting and the shooting sports. We encourage everyone to read a complete recap of what took place in Louisville last week. It really demonstrated the unity of our industry and our sports in meeting tomorrow’s challenges.
So, the next time you send in your booth deposit or enter your credit card information for attendee registration, remember that the SHOT Show truly is the show that supports everything you stand for.